The STC San Francisco Chapter is hosting a free, live webinar featuring Joe Welinske on Techniques for Mobile User Assistance on Wednesday, February 25, 2015, at 7:00 PM PT.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org by Monday, February 23 to save your spot!
About the Presentation
Smartphones have sparked a huge, new software segment – the mobile app. This creates an important pair of questions for user assistance professionals: What is our role going forward in mobile and how can we prepare to take that on? User Assistance does have a role in supporting mobile apps. As the mobile app market continues to soar, this is becoming the next frontier for user assistance professionals. This session provides an overview of current issues regarding design, writing, tools, and planning of your mobile UA.
You Will Learn
- About contemporary design for user assistance in mobile apps.
- Why traditional desktop UA translates poorly to the small screen.
- What techniques are particularly useful to employ.
About the Presenter
Joe Welinske specializes in helping your software development effort through crafted communication. The best user experience features quality words and images in the user interface. The UX of a robust product is also enhanced through comprehensive user assistance. This includes Help, wizards, FAQs, videos and much more. For over twenty-five years, Joe has been providing training, contracting, and consulting services for the software industry. recently published the book, Developing User Assistance for Mobile Apps. He also teaches courses for Bellevue College, the University of California, and the University of Washington. Check out the Events page for upcoming classes and industry presentations.
About User Assistance Boot Camp, Seattle – April 15-17
We’re going to hit an aggressive agenda at WritersUA West with two separate sequences of UA-specific learning – for newbies and pros. “UA Boot Camp” features certificates in Basic Training and Grad School. Over thirty sessions covering all aspects of software user assistance. Registration is just $695. Read the conference details.
Important Webinar Information
- Space is limited to 25 people
- Please register by Monday, February 25
- Email your name and email to email@example.com to register. The presenter will send you an email with the connection information.
- The webinar will be presented using GoToMeeting
- The webinar will be streamed live and will not be recorded
- The presentation is scheduled for 45 minutes and there will be time for questions at the end